|1||CSI orientation||1st of September 2017|
|2||Ex-quiz-me||21st of September ,2017|
|3||Know Cs session||16th mar 2018 & 4th Jan 2018|
|4||Techcognizance||11th and 12th of October, 2017|
|5||Republic Day Parade||26th Jan 2018|
|6||E-Out Reach Digitalization in Rural India||3rd and 4th Nov 2017|
|7||E-Out Reach Cyber Security in RuralIndia||6th April 2018|
|8||Workshop on Web Designing||3rd and 4th april 2018|
|9||Guest Lecture on Data Analytics||2nd April 2018|
|10||National Technology Day Celebrations||11th May 2018|
|11||CZine launch||29th May 2018|
|12||Guest Lecture on Cloud Computing||Workshop on Web Designing|
|13||Guest Lecture on Data Mining||11th April 2018|
|14||Convergence||3rd to 5th Feb 2018|
|15||Coding contest||11th April 2018|
Report for the academic year 2017-18
- Starting with the juniors’ CSI orientationthat was successfully conducted on the 1st of September 2017, resulted in a 250 students applying for a membership. This is one of the highest registrations that CSI has obtained. The Plan of Action was announced during the orientation, with all the tasks and events that were promised to be organized were conducted successfully.
- Ex-quiz-me was conducted on 21st of September ,2017 it was a quiz competition in which 20 questions were asked on basics of C language.
- Techcognizancewas the next event conducted on the 11th and 12th of October, 2017. The event consisted of three rounds- group discussion, debate contest and JAM(just a minute). The main aim of the event was to improve the communication and speaking skills of the participants while researching and learning about new advancements in technology and global affairs. A total of 248 students from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year participated in the event with only a selective few being promoted on to the next round. After the final round, 5 participants were declared as winners and awarded a price and certificate.
- Know Cs session was conducted on 3rd of January 2018, in KS Audi.The topic of this session was Machine Learning and Artificial Intellengce and the overall participants were more than two hundred. This session was a massive hit, and were requested widely to be continued in the future too.
- Convergence 2k18 conducted on 5th, 6th& 7th Feb 2018. The national level Technical Symposium under the banner “CONVERGENCE” has been instrumental in shifting the paradigm of usual coursework. Since its inception in 1999, it has evolved as an ultimate platform for the techno-maniacs. This is the 19th year of the legacy of convergence. The 2018 edition has taken up an untraded path on its way to be stupendous, throwing light on new ideas. It brings in a series of events and activities spread over 3 days involving the students of myriad disciplines and hence broadening the horizons. Events, Workshops, Presentations, Seminars, and guest lectures were organized under each theme.
- RCC, ISTE Chapter and CSI Chapter Jointly Organized“National Technology Day Celebrations” on 11th May 2018. Theme- Technologies for Industrial Revolution 4.0. National Technology Day was celebrated in VNR VignanaJyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bachupally. National Technology day is celebrated based on the success of Pokhran nuclear test which was held on 11th of May, 1998. Mrs. DeepthiRavula, CEO, WE HUB, Govt. OF Telangana and Joint Director-Business, Electronics, Information Technology Electronics & Communications Department, Government of Telangana. She said most of the students are not having practical exposure. So engineering college teachers must concentrate more on teaching through projects and practicals. Another guest was Dr. C.S. Jha, Group Director, NRSC, ISRO. He delivered a lecture “ Remote Sensing application for Natural Resource Management”. He also discussed about this year national Technology Day Theme: Science and Technology for a sustainable future. Dr. B. Chennakesava Rao, Director-Advancement discussed about Technologies for Industrial Revolution 4.0. Dr. A.S. Rao- Dean Innovation & Incubation discussed about Role of innovations and startups in country growth. A total of 52 faculty of VNR VJIET attended the “National Technology Day” Celebrations
- Conducted guest lecture on Cloud Computing, Data Analytics and Data mininginorder to increase the subject knowledge and bring the awareness on the concepts as per the Industry
- Conducted workshop on Web Technologiesto create the Awareness on usage of web designing tools.
- Participated in Rupublic day Parade to bring the awareness of No Drink & Drive
- Techognizance ReportThe view of the event is to enhance technical skills and innovative ideas among students. Event was held in about three rounds.FIRST ROUND: Retailers tale( In first round a team of five members were asked to choose a topic and speak on that particular topic, thus enabling to test his/her communication skills.SECOND ROUND: Technical questions.(This round contain testing the technical knowledge and skills of students in a creative and innovative manner.THIRD ROUND: (This round cheers up the imaginative skills of student that is involving completely in a situation and solving problem.Held on-11-oct-2017Number of Students Attended- 350 members
- Seminar –Cyber Security.Held on–16 Mar, 2018.Conducted by-Hemanth and karthik.Number of Students Attended- 150 members.Topics Discussed- About Basics of Cyber Security. Hacking through linux networking commands is discussed. It is a hands on session. Basic and networking commands were taught.
- Coding contest-Questions on C programming.Held on- 5th and 6th march, 2018. Contest created by-Goutham,Venkat,Keerthan.Number of Students Attended- 170 members.About- It is a contest based on basic C programming .The duration of the contest was 1hr 30min.
- Quiz-Basics of C language.Held on–21 SEP, 2017.Conducted by-Ex’Quiz’me.Number of Students Attended- 320 members.Topics Discussed–Basics on C Language .Some questions to test technical skills and coding skills of students were asked.
- Seminar – Basics of Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.Held on- 04 Jan, 2018.Conducted by-ShiekMujaheed.Number of Students Attended- 253 members.Topics Discussed- About Basics of MachineLearning and Artificial Intelligence .Some videos were shown,fewapplicatios of Artificial Intelligence were discussed and the importance of these fields in current industry was discussed.
- Conducted Workshop on Big Data Analytics for the faculty members of CSE to get the knowledge on the Big Data Analytics tools and its usages.
- Conducted E-outreach Activity on digilalization in Rural Areas on 4th and 5th Nov 2017, in Machunur (V), Jarasangam( M) near Zaheerabad, SangaReddy(Dist, Telangana State.
- Conducted E-outreach Activity for Providing Awareness about the “ Digitalization, Research & Employment Opportunities” for II & III year Degree students in Acharya Degree College , Zaheerabad(m), SangaReddy(D) on 3rd Nov 2017
- Conducted E-outreach Activity on Importance of Cyber Security,usage of Smart Mobiles & how to get ride of fake calls for villagers on 6th April 2018 in Machunur (V), Jarasangam( M) near Zaheerabad, SangaReddy(Dist, Telangana State.
- Organized anhelping had for orphans and for old age people like Distribution of Air Coolers for orphans and distribution of their daily needs.
- We the CSI faculty member every month pays the Electrical bills for theAdharshaBalyaVedika near Chanda Nagar, Hyd, Telangana State.
- Participated in the Anti Drug rally on22nd July 2017 at all Main center of Hyderabad, Telangana State
- As the Academic year ends, the last event conducted was the Czine Magazine launch. HoD B V Kiranmayee, CSI coordinator N Sandeep Chaitanya and senior faculty memners along with students participated in the event.