Skip to content
Report for the academic year 2016-17
- Starting with the juniors’ CSI orientation that was successfully conducted on the 19th of September 2016, resulted in a 92 students applying for a membership. The Plan of Action was announced during the orientation, with all the tasks and events that were promised to be organized were conducted successfully.
- Spin and Win (IACC Event) was a technical event conducted by team CSI in IACC for which participants need to spin a wheel this wheel has 1-8 set of numbers whatever number the participant get they need to answer the questions in that number.
- Awareness on Higher Education in US was a one day seminar about GRE exam and what are the shortcuts involved in writing the exam. the importance of higher education by Mr. Geroge Rancourt.
- Techcognizance was the next event conducted on the 23rd and 24th of January, 2017. The event consisted of three rounds- group discussion, debate contest and JAM(just a minute). The main aim of the event was to improve the communication and speaking skills of the participants while researching and learning about new advancements in technology and global affairs. A total of 142 students from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year participated in the event with only a selective few being promoted on to the next round. After the final round, 5 participants were declared as winners and awarded a price and certificate.
- Codeathon (7th of April,2017) was single round online coding competition. There are 5 questions based on the difficulty level the score is allotted to each question. The time limit for the event is 1hour. Depending on the score and considering the submission time as criteria the leader board positions are given and the winner will be announced.
- APPOMANIA was conducted in the month of April ,2017 .It was all about an idea to develop a new app .It was of 2 rounds with the first one to give their idea and the next
- was to give a presentation of their idea.
- Throughout the academic year, two Know Cs sessions(November 2017 and Febraury, 2017) were conducted. The event was conducted in the B-block seminar hall one and other in KS Audi with over hundred participants. The topic of the first session was on Network Security Analysis and the second session was on Photoshop . These sessions were a massive hit, and were requested widely to be continued in the future too.
- As the academic year came to an end, the last event conducted was the C-zine Magazine launch on the 20th of May, 2017. The Book was launched by Ms.Yamini. 57 students participated in the launch of the annual magazine. The CSI website was also launched by the chairman for the CSI Student chapter, M. Akhil. The event came to an end as the passing out batch received tokens of appreciation for their role in managing and shaping the student chapter, CSI.
- Participated in Republic day Parade to bring the awareness of Say No to suicide
- Organized Guest lecture on IOT, Cyber Security, Cryptography, Kali Kinux for Network Security.
- Organized an helping had for orphans and for old age people like Distribution of Air Coolers for orphans and distribution of their daily needs.
- We the CSI faculty member every month pays the Electrical bills for the Adharsha Balya Vedika near Chanda Nagar, Hyd, Telangana State.
- As the Academic year ends, the last event conducted was the Czine Magazine launch. HoD B V Kiranmayee, CSI coordinator N Sandeep Chaitanya and senior faculty members along with students participated in the event.
- Conducted Women’s Day celebration on march 8thand facilitated some of the Senior faculty members in the dept.
- Convergence 2k17. The national level Technical Symposium under the banner “CONVERGENCE” has been instrumental in shifting the paradigm of usual coursework. Since its inception in 1999, it has evolved as an ultimate platform for the techno-maniacs. This is the 18th year of the legacy of convergence. The 2017 edition has taken up an untraded path on its way to be stupendous, throwing light on new ideas. It brings in a series of events and activities spread over 3 days involving the students of myriad disciplines and hence broadening the horizons. Events, Workshops, Presentations, Seminars, and guest lectures were organized under each theme.